The Town of Windermere seeks a Town Manager. Duties include budgeting, finance, accounting, personnel management, public works, police, plus interaction with several citizen volunteer boards.
The Town’s form of government is a Council-Town Manager. The Town Manager is responsible to the Town Council for proper administration for all activities of the town. The Town Manager is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Town Council, which consists of the Mayor and five Council Members.
The Town of Windermere, one of the most history rich cities in Central Florida, is nestled among several large lakes that for the Butler chain of lakes. The population is approximately 3,000 and there are 25 full-time employees, with a budget of $3.2 Million.
- Minimum of five years management experience, preferably with Town/City/County governments in the state of Florida.
- Four-year degree from accredited college or university, ideally in accounting, engineering (technical), legal, management or other qualified degree.
- Experience with budgeting, public works, code enforcement, managing employees, preparing annual reviews, and wage and salary
- Comprehensive background check
- Salary and benefits negotiable
For a detailed job description, go to www.town.windermere.fl.us. Open until May 31, 2011.
Reply with Resume, qualifications and experience to:
Search Committee – email@example.com
c/o Dorothy Burkhalter, Town Clerk
PO Box 669
Windermere, FL 34786